G5

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Jun 26 00:25:36 PDT 2003

> From: "Russ at Skyline" <russ at skylineworks.com>
>
> I heard that the keynote showed some demos of real world apps that were
> pretty amazing. Anyone confirm / deny?

I watched the keynote on satellite.

Yes, they were amazing. They demoed Photoshop, Lumination (?) (3D
program), Renderman, Mathmatica and something else (can't remember). On
average, the dual 2GHz G5 was *twice* as fast as the dual 3.06GHz Xeon.

Boo-yah!

_Chas_

"With the introduction of the new iTunes Music Store, we've now built
the  first real complete ecosystem for the digital music age. We've got
a way to buy music online legally that's fantastic -- it's better than
any other way to acquire music. We've got a way manage music with the
iTunes  Jukebox, which is the best in the world. And we've got a way to
listen to music on the go with the iPod, which is the most popular MP3
player in the world and one of the coolest things in the world. So
we've really got, from one end to another, a complete solution for
digital music. We're the only people in the world to do this, so we
feel great about it." -- Steve Jobs, Time Magazine, 30-April-03