The new G5's

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Fri Jun 27 23:10:02 PDT 2003

> From: Kunga <Kunga at FutureMedia.org>
> Three notes on the G5:
>
> 1. I just noticed that when you buy the dual 2 GHz 970 with the minimum
> 512 MB of RAM that it comes as TWO 256 MB sticks instead of ONE 512 MB
> stick. Is that a rip or what? I think that is not the right thing to
> do. Shame on Apple for doing that.

I completely concur. Of course, anyone foolish enough to buy Apple's
RAM is already paying way too much, so why not get ripped off this way
as well? :)

> 3. OWC also suggest you save another $29 by deleting the analog modem.
> Don't do it.

STRONGLY agreed.

>  Why not? Because when you lose your broadband connection
> (and it does happen from time to time) you will be VERY SORRY you saved
> $29 and now have a $100 or more problem. It is definitely not worth it.

Yep. And don't forget that Panther has faxing built into the OS, but of
course to send and receive faxes requires ... ta da! ... an analog
phone line! Even if you already have broadband. So that $29 modem is
money well spent.

_Chas_

If this country had a national motto, it would be "DOH!"