Why a G5 does not work for me

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Fri Jun 27 23:15:30 PDT 2003

> From: beliefpictures at shaw.ca
> Most of the editing I will be doing on my Blue and White G3/350 is with
> Adobe Premiere 6.5 qnd possible with a Sony Media Converter. Where the
> new G5's are nice I see no reason to re-invest every 6 months. I mean
> it
> is getting rather ridiculous don't you think?

Well, I see your point about "re-investing every six months" but in the
video world one probably DOES have to re-invest more than every five
years!

If the B&W is meeting your needs, then of course you don't need to
upgrade. But when I look at the G5 I practically *drool* imagining the
possibilities ... ultra-fast conversion or compression ... dramatically
swifter iDVD and DVD Studio Pro mastering ... expanded abilities of
Final Cut Pro ...

Not to mention some of the more long-term benefits of a 64-bit
processor such as voice control/dictation that actually WORKS,
videoconferencing as a routine event between virtually everyone ... and
wonders I can't even imagine now!

_Chas_

Recently on my blog: Strom Thurmond. Check it out!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com