Why a G5 does not work for me

Richard Brown richard at go2rba.com
Sat Jun 28 12:40:53 PDT 2003

The mentioning of Premiere and a Sony Media converter absolutely makes
a G5 and Final Cut a non-issue. Premiere is "nice" for what it does,
but, while it may be in the same state, it is certainly nowhere near
the stadium where Final Cut and Avid duke it out for nonlinear
supremacy at the professional level. Were I holding Avid stock, I'd
pray their networking, storage, audio, and other non-editorial
divisions would prosper quickly as the principal issues with the Media
Composer family become pragmatic cost and legacy value in a nonlinear
world being redefined by Apple.

Richard Brown