Attention: Heavy Hitters

HWBAGS HWBAGS at netscape.net
Sun Jun 29 14:03:07 PDT 2003

K, Erica, Dennis, _Chas_, Jim etc.,

I'm just an amateur at this using a Panasonic 601 with a 20X optical Zoom.
With a tripod I can record rock climbers getting close to the top of EL Capitan.  I'd estimate the distance at 5000'.
While looking at the clips with Imovie on a 466 G4 running 9.2.2 (Don't laugh). I intermittently use the Full Screen mode - works great to see those climbers pulling up their haul bags.

However with the same camera, and the same computer, and the same OS, everything the SAME ! but playing back a Water Polo game the full screen mode does this once per second useless strobing thing.  What is going on here?  Don't tell me that the content affects the ability of the G4 to do the playback.  I admit that Water Polo is the ultimate spread spectrum signal, akin to video taping rustling leaves.

HWBags