Importing from a DVD

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sun Jun 29 14:49:35 PDT 2003

> From: Tuckerman Moss <tmoss at mac.com>
>
> I made a DVD for a friend - all fine.  Now he wants to edit down the=20
> resulting movie to a shorter version.  I have dumped the original=20
> import and project files because they took up a lot of room.  I
> would=20
> like to import the files from the DVD - but that doesn't seem to work.
> =20=
>
> Anyone have a solution?

There are several "DVD-rippers" that would do the job, but one
specifically made for this purpose:

http://versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/19483

This one is called DVDxDV and says it is specifically for ripping BACK
the DV off an iDVD or DVDSP created DVD.

_Chas_

Two studies in "Innovation":
28-Apr-03: Apple introduces revolutionary legal music service (300,000
downloads @ .99/ea on the first day), releases iTunes4 (by far the best
jukebox software in the world), updates Quicktime to encode AAC audio
(superior to MP3).

30-Apr-03: Microsoft's MSN division introduces the iLoo, a portable
toilet with internet access. A week later, they claim it was "a hoax"
they played on themselves. A day after that, they admit it was a real
product but it's now been killed (and that they lied when they called
it a "April Fool's joke"). This from the company that wants to bring
you "Trustworthy Computing."