[MacDV] Re: Digital VCR Question

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sat Mar 1 18:43:21 PST 2003

This was reported as fact last December by an Eye TV confidant, but,
no, I can't remember by whom where. I think it was on this list or a
forum somewhere. Maybe SpyMac. It will also support Closed Captioning.
That is the feature I have to have before I will buy one.

We had closed caption support in spades in OS 7-9 from ATI and Turbo
TV. I used to capture TV transcripts all the time throughout the 90's
with both those PCI TV Cards. Now we're back in the stone age until
this next Eye TV product finally breaks the missing closed caption
support for OS X. I like to read my TV on the screen and in transcript
form. I'm not deaf. I just like the words. The text. A lot. My CC is
always on. Are you old enough to remember what TV was like without it?
I can remember all the years it took for the FCC to finally require
manufacturers to put it in sets and for producers to encode it in all
productions. I cannot tell you how much I love Closed Captioning.
Nothing I could say would express the level of appreciation I have for
it.

Sorry I can't be more specific. I am pretty sure this product will come
to market by the end of Summer at worst. But if you need it now w/o
closed caption support, Eye TV's current product isn't bad. Depends on
what you need it for.

Kunga