Video_TS to SVCD

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat Mar 1 23:27:30 PST 2003

A client of mine has asked me to create a set of SVCD discs based on
material he supplied me from his home-created DVD (he no longer has the
original project files).

So what I have now is two folders: AUDIO_TS (empty) and VIDEO_TS (about
4 gigs of stuff, mostly .VOB files). I can play the material in QT Pro
just fine.

I've made plenty of SVCDs from MPEG-2 files, but not from a "ripped"
DVD.

If there's a procedure to do this, I'd be grateful to hear it (or if
there's a URL that describes this process for Macs, just point me to
it). I know my way around most of the OS X tools for this, but I don't
have Cleaner 6 if this is an issue. If you think it's too dull for list
consumption, please email me off-list.

Thank you!!