[MacDV] Re: FireWire (was: Hard drive for iBook video editing)

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Tue Mar 4 15:32:50 PST 2003

Well, since they were the absolute first Mac with built-in FireWire,
then maybe the FireWire controllers on that motherboard were just a
little immature.  I would think the solution to flakey FireWire on a BW
G3 would be to add a newer FireWire controller via a PCI card.  There
are plenty of good, inexpensive FireWire cards on the market today.

Just a thought.

- Mark