[MacDV] Mpg to iMov1e?

Jim Heid jim at heidsite.com
Thu Mar 6 13:59:35 PST 2003

> From: Allan Udy <allan at golden.co.nz>

> What's the easiest way to convert mpeg movies (e.g. those taken with
> a digital still camera) into a form that can be strung together as a
> movie for output to VHS?
>
> Obviously opening with QuickTime and exporting to DV Stream isn't
> adequate, as the sound tack is lost. Is there any software out there
> that will do this?

You should simply be able to drag them into iMovie 3 (which can import video
formats other than DV stream) and sequence to your hearts' content.

Disclaimer: I haven't tried this with MPEG digital camera movies, but it
works like a charm with the AVI movies that my Canon digital camera takes.

- Jim

----
Jim Heid
Author/Host, "The Macintosh iLife" book/DVD
At the printer now!