DVD to iMovie?

Joan Keenan jkeenan at islands.vi
Sat Mar 8 05:52:41 PST 2003

HI,
I am afraid I dumbly deleted the last copy I had saved of an iMovie
video that I had burned to DVD on someone else's computer (so that file
was immediately trashed too!) Now I have a Cndyne dvd-r & iDVD to play
with and would like to add chapter markers to it and burn again...Is
there any way to get the movie back to iMovie. The cheap DVD player I
have only has  one av out so I can only play out to the TV & then
record from there which means I am losing quality, or at least I am
getting the black lines on the side, so believe I am losing quality.
I am new to DVD, so may be missing some obvious step.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Joan