Updating iMovie 3.0.1. to 3.0.2

Ian Tucker carlian at picknowl.com.au
Sat Mar 8 17:15:10 PST 2003

I recently purchased the  "iLife" package and installed it from the
DVD.   I have not encountered any problems other than those associated
with iMovie 3 which have been the subject of numerous postings on the
List.    As recommended by some members, I have set up separate folders
for "iMovie 2" and "iMovie 3" and I have no problem locating and
opening these separate Appns from within their respective folders..

Despite comments on the List about problems with the 3.0.2 upgrade I
decided this morning to download and install it .   A search of my
"Software Update" failed to find any reference to it so I then went to
the Apple OS X site and downloaded it from there.  It now appears on my
Desktop as a "pkg" file .   When I go to install it,  I get as far as
the "Select a Destination" window and when I click onto my Hard Drive I
am receiving the message "You cannot install this software on this
disk.  This update did not find an appropriate application to update".
  I have tried removing the "3" from the folder heading and Appn.
included therein, but this does not help.    What do I need to do to
install the upgrade?   Is, having the Appn. inside a folder the problem?

TIA
Ian Tucker.