[MacDV] Re: Audio Extraction from MPEG movie

Jim Heid jim at heidsite.com
Sun Mar 9 07:43:33 PST 2003

On 3/9/03 5:13 AM, Steve Robertson wrote:

> I've been playing around with various freeware and low cost audio apps-
> trying to find the best solution for cleaning up some video with
> sub-standard audio. What I have is video (shot by someone else) where
> the audio seems to have been recorded at too low a level. When I turn
> up the volume high enough to hear the music, I also clearly hear tape
> hiss.

Have you tried SparkME, the free audio editor from TC Works?
(http://www.tcworks.de)

Very nice program, and as I said, it's free. The new version 2.7 will open a
QT movie and play it back in sync with its audio.

I'd try opening your flawed footage and applying the Normalize command for
starters -- that'll boost overall volume levels.

Good luck!

- Jim

---
Jim Heid
Contributing Editor, Macworld
Author/Host, "The Macintosh iLife" book/DVD
Available this month -- pre-order from Amazon for $20.99!
Go to http://snurl.com/x87