[MacDV] Updating iMovie 3.0.1. to 3.0.2

markflo at mac.com markflo at mac.com
Sun Mar 9 06:44:02 PST 2003

You probably need to move the iMovie 3 app into the root level of the
"Applications" folder and make sure it's named "iMovie".  Seems like such a
Windoze-type issue, huh?  :-\  The updater ought to be "smart" enough to
find the app to be updated, no matter where it is on the hard drive, but
such is progress (Mac OS X).

- Mark

On 3/8/03 7:15 PM, "Ian Tucker" <carlian at picknowl.com.au> wrote:

> I recently purchased the  "iLife" package and installed it from the
> DVD.   I have not encountered any problems other than those associated
> with iMovie 3 which have been the subject of numerous postings on the
> List.    As recommended by some members, I have set up separate folders
> for "iMovie 2" and "iMovie 3" and I have no problem locating and
> opening these separate Appns from within their respective folders..
>
> Despite comments on the List about problems with the 3.0.2 upgrade I
> decided this morning to download and install it .   A search of my
> "Software Update" failed to find any reference to it so I then went to
> the Apple OS X site and downloaded it from there.  It now appears on my
> Desktop as a "pkg" file .   When I go to install it,  I get as far as
> the "Select a Destination" window and when I click onto my Hard Drive I
> am receiving the message "You cannot install this software on this
> disk.  This update did not find an appropriate application to update".
> I have tried removing the "3" from the folder heading and Appn.
> included therein, but this does not help.    What do I need to do to
> install the upgrade?   Is, having the Appn. inside a folder the problem?

> TIA
> Ian Tucker.

> Send a message to <MacDV-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the digest
> version.