OS X 10.2.4

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Mon Mar 10 03:04:04 PST 2003

> From: Ian Tucker <carlian at picknowl.com.au>
>

> I have not upgraded from 10.2.3 to 10.2.4 as yet due to problems  some
> Members have had  after doing so.
>
> Earlier reports indicated some people were having problems with "Mail"
> and "Toast" and locally, one of our Apple Club members is now having
> trouble with his internet banking since upgrading.

Internet banking and Toast and not related. For the internet banking,
if you can get a description of the problem (browser used etc) from
your friend and relay it here, perhaps we can help.

I use Toast (Titanium 5.2) on 10.2.4 without incident. I also have no
trouble at all with Mail.

I think the secret is to have a healthy system (Disk Utility) before
the install of 10.2.4, and to run "Repair Permissions" from Disk
Utility right afterwards, then a restart. Seems to have kept me from
having any unusual issues with my copy.

_Chas_

Lee Gomes of the Wall Street Journal, 24-Jan-03 , commenting on Apple's
growing arsenal of hardware, OS and software that is clearly superior
to anything in the Windows world: "It's like someone forgot to send
them the Resistance is Futile memo."