OS X 10.2.4

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Mon Mar 10 03:13:12 PST 2003

> From: Rod Duncan <roduncan at telus.net>
> I'm using Ti 667 DVI PB with the built-in CD burner and an external
> FW Pioneer DVD-105. Toast works equally well with both of them.
> There. I've probably gone and screwed myself.

LOL!

By the way I'm not sure everybody knows about this, but you can EASILY
turn off the default "Ken Burns Effect" behaviour so that it is only
applied to photos when you WANT it to be applied, This speeds things up
CONSIDERABLY when importing stills!

I can't detail the step-by-step at the moment because I didn't save it,
but involves making one *very simple* change to the xml .plist file. If
you've never done that before, you will be AMAZED at how easy it is.
XML bears at least some relationship to real English and it's a HECK of
a lot easier to open and "fix" a preferences (.plist) file in OS X than
it *ever* was to do so in OS 9. A simple text editor like TextEdit is
all that's needed. The best part is that you're not making a
modifcation to the program itself, so no worries about the behaviour
coming back in a future update.

The instructions can be found at MacOSXhints.com. Just do a search for
Ken Burns, you'll find it.

_Chas_

"To use the Mac is to be confronted, over and over, with the idea that
the most mundane task can be done artfully and compassionately,
beautifully and invitingly. " -- Glenn McDonald