OS X 10.2.4

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Tue Mar 11 01:35:38 PST 2003

> From: Robert Schoenburg <rschoenburg at schoenburg.com>
>
> I went there to find instructions how disable Ken Burns, but did not
> find
> them.

My bad, sort of. The information is there, but it is buried in the
*comments* of a different tip on how to disable the KB Effect (hit the
Escape key as soon as you drag the photo in).

In the interests of saving everyone time, here's what I did. The effect
of this tip is that the Ken Burns Effect will not be applied *by
default* on any new photo brought in, but of course you can still apply
it to the ones you WANT to. The beauty of this method is that if for
some reason you mess up the .plist file, just trash it and restart
iMovie3. It will generate a new one for you to "practice" on. Perfectly
safe!

1. If iMovie is running, quit it.

2. Locate the iMovie3 preference (.plist) file, which should be in
~/Library/Preferences and should be titled com.apple.iMovie3.plist.

3. Although this is all 100% safe, you may want to make a copy of this
file "just in case."

4. Open a text editor like TextEdit and open the .plist file in it.

5. Do a search for this term: autoApplyPanZoomToImportedStills

6. This will take you right to the proper line. Immediately BELOW that
line you will see the word <true/>. Change this to <false/>. Save it.

That's it! See, I *told* you XML is nothing to be afraid of! :)

_Chas_

"To use the Mac is to be confronted, over and over, with the idea that
the most mundane task can be done artfully and compassionately,
beautifully and invitingly. " -- Glenn McDonald