Burning two DVDs...double-sided DVDs?

Christopher SJ Ong osj at mac.com
Tue Mar 11 14:23:43 PST 2003

My thanks to everyone who has replied to my query about burning DVDs
longer than 90 minutes. I guess I will just burn two DVDs, as advised.

I wish Apple would remove the 90 minute limit. I know they have reasons
- commercial (to get people to buy DVD Studio Pro) and ease of use (to
avoid having users messing with compression levels and bitrates, etc),
but it is rather ridiculous that my alternative is to stump out a huge
amount of money for DVD Studio Pro. It's especially frustrating that
the content I'm most interested in archiving - soccer matches - is just
a few minutes longer than 90 minutes...

One last question : what about double-sided DVDs? I could at least
archive my content on ONE double-sided DVD if those work well, although
I would still have to get up and flip the DVD over!

-------
christopher sj ong (yellowhand)
e-mail : osj at mac.com
blog : http://osj.livejournal.com/