OS X 10.2.4

Ian Tucker carlian at picknowl.com.au
Tue Mar 11 14:17:14 PST 2003

> Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 06:04:04 -0500
> Subject: [MacDV] Re: OS X   10.2.4
> From: Charles Martin <chasm at mac.com>
>
>> From: Ian Tucker <carlian at picknowl.com.au>
>>

>> I have not upgraded from 10.2.3 to 10.2.4 as yet due to problems  some
>> Members have had  after doing so.
>>
>> Earlier reports indicated some people were having problems with "Mail"
>> and "Toast" and locally, one of our Apple Club members is now having
>> trouble with his internet banking since upgrading.
>
> Internet banking and Toast and not related. For the internet banking,
> if you can get a description of the problem (browser used etc) from
> your friend and relay it here, perhaps we can help.
>
> I use Toast (Titanium 5.2) on 10.2.4 without incident. I also have no
> trouble at all with Mail.
>
> I think the secret is to have a healthy system (Disk Utility) before
> the install of 10.2.4, and to run "Repair Permissions" from Disk
> Utility right afterwards, then a restart. Seems to have kept me from
> having any unusual issues with my copy.
>
> _Chas_

Thanks for your comments and offer to assist regarding trouble with an
Apple Club member's internet banking.  It turns out the Bank in
question was at fault !

                  I was aware there was no connection between Internet
Banking and Toast----I was attempting to summarise issues people were
encountering since upgrading to 10.2.4.

Further to your last paragraph I wonder how many problems experienced
with the recent upgrades to iLife products have emanated from partial
installation of the package  ie.  prior to the CD and DVD becoming
available for purchase it was possible to download the upgrades( bar
iDVD2 ) over the net.    With the DVD there was a "Read Me" file and it
was quite explicit that after installing the package that each
Application must then be opened in a specific order.  Although my
comments  address the iLife upgrade and not the subject heading,  it is
difficult to isolate them from the OS  10.2.4  upgrade as it in turn,
affects graphics etc.

I have used all iLife products, Toast and Mail over the past two days
and they seem to be OK after upgrading to iMovie 3.0.2 and OS X 10.2.4.
    As an aside, I was attempting to burn a DVD last night and I kept
getting the message that there was an empty slide show in the menu and
that each slide show must contain at least one image.    I was getting
to the stage of deleting everything and starting again when I tried
"Show All" from the menu bar.   Lo and behold a little boxed area  one
character wide,  and empty,   appeared on the second page of the DVD
menu screen!

Ian T.