iMovie 3 and iDVD 3 Grumblings

Gordon B. Alley galley at texas.net
Wed Mar 12 18:36:26 PST 2003

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:39:31 -0600, Mike Swope <mike at swopedesign.com> wrote:
>iMovie 3 has several problems. 1) Slow. 2) Can't split video clip at the
>beginning of the timeline with fade-in and titling, 'cause the audio
>begins playing immediately (behind the titling and fade-in) when it
>shouldn't (doesn't show in iDVD this way, only on export). 3) Can't
>export for iDVD 2 as easily as before (up-front option removed); only
>true iDVD export (with chapters) must be exported directly to iDVD 3.

I don't understand item 2. If I were to add fade-in and titles to the
beginning of any clip, I would expect the audio from the original
clip to still be there (fading-in with the video in the case of the
fade-in effect).

Regardless, let's presume I misunderstand what you are saying. If the
problem only occurs on the first clip in a movie, did you try adding
a short black clip before the original first clip, and then applying
the titles and fade-in to the now second clip (formerly the first
clip)? That would be pretty simple to do, if it would work around the
problem.

--
Gordon Alley  <*>
<mailto:galley at texas.net>