[MacDV] Do I use iMovie 2.1.2 or 3.02?

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Thu Mar 13 09:30:44 PST 2003

>I'm about to start a new iMovie project. Do I use iMovie 2.1.2 or iMovie 3.02?
>
>Running a 667 Ti DVI PB.
>
>Thanks for the HackPack, Erica.
>
>Rod
>--

I answered my own question. iMovie 2.1.2.

iMovie 3.0.2 has many cool features, however it is NOT ready for
prime time. Inconsistent, unrealiable and IMHO still a beta.
Something as elementary as a  basic edit and trim. (if digital
editing is ever elementary) It continues to show the trimmed portion.
When you view the clips separately, the trimmed section is gone. When
you run the clips together... there it is. ???

Good news though, the project opened in iMovie 2.1.2 without a hitch.

Maybe it is time for Final Cut Express.

Rod