archiving DV w/iMovie 3 and iDVD 3

Ray Zimmerman rz10 at cornell.edu
Thu Mar 13 09:52:30 PST 2003

I'd like to dump a bunch of unedited DV tapes to DVD. I like the way
iMovie imports the tape into separate clips and would like to
automatically generate a DVD menu (and/or chapters) which correspond
to the individual clips. It would be great to have the timestamp and
clip length as a part of the chapter name/menu title. A menu
consisting of thumbnails (like the Clips panel in iMovie) would also
be wonderful.

Basically, I'm looking for an automated (or nearly so) way to put all
my unedited video on DVD in a way that I can quickly see what's on
each tape.

Can this be done with iMovie and iDVD?  Maybe with some
Applescripting? Or is there some other software that would help for
this?

( I can't be the only one who's ever wanted to do this, right? )

--
  Ray Zimmerman  / e-mail: rz10 at cornell.edu / 428-B Phillips Hall
   Sr Research  /   phone: (607) 255-9645  /  Cornell University