Marbella Technologies New Major Discounter of New Macs

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Mar 13 20:19:19 PST 2003

> From: Thubten Kunga <Kunga at FutureMedia.org>
>
> I spoke with one of their 800 toll free sales persons this morning and
> I did not get the impression this is a rip off.

Well, DUH. What did you *think* they were going to say?

>  He said they have sold
> dual 1.25 GHz Macs for as little as $1200 since December.

See above. Ask for the name and email or phone number of the person who
got this dual 1.25GHz Mac for $1200. And if it's in the 407 area code,
you can bet it's a Marbella employee lying to you.

>  What makes
> you so sure this is a pure rip off Chas.

Had you read my message, you would know. I referenced the discussion on
O'Grady's Powerpage. However, I didn't explicity link to it, which I
should have. So thanks for giving me the opportunity:

http://www.powerpage.org/story.lasso?newsID=10551

Be *sure* to read ALL the comments. Then you tell me if you think
they're a ripoff.

My comment stands. Anyone who gives them $250 is a living definition of
the phrase "a fool and his money."

> I don't know of any horror stories
> coming out yet. Do you?

See the URL above. All the horror stories you could want. Thank the
heavens those dopes were brave enough to admit they'd been fooled and
wrote in to warn others.

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com