Backing up your machines

sb videovideo at mac.com
Fri Mar 14 15:37:52 PST 2003

I don't know if these will do what you want, but here are suggestions to
try:

the first is Carbon Copy Cloner X written by Mike Bombich. Available at
http://www.bombich.com/software.ccc.html

The 2nd is a new product being distributed by casady & greene but written by
a french company, called:  Clone'X. (also works in OS9) I don't have it,
can't say from any personal experience if it works or not.
http://www.casadyg.com/

It's about $30, but you can download a demo.

Neither is a real backup, in the sense that it looks for differences between
files, but you can use either one to copy.

The Clone'X says you can backup to a CD, I don't think CCC allows copying to
removable media.

There is also the Backup feature of the .Mac account

There is Retrospect from Danz (http://www.dantz.com/products/mac). But
slooooow if you have to restore.

sb