output to camera audio

Jerry Axley omnipresent at mpinet.net
Sat Mar 15 15:50:47 PST 2003

Hi all!

I'm editing together a project on FCP 3 on a mac G4 350 sawtooth. The
project I'm working on is fairly large and because of financial reasons I'm
forced to use my Sony TRV 900 (which i shot on) as my deck. I'm not having
any issues firewiring my video in, but as far as recording my edited
material back to my camera for backup purposes, I am having problems:

The video in the project that I "PRINT TO VIDEO" back to minidv is fine, but
the audio drops IN and OUT! And, it seems to be at 10 to 15 second intervals
-> the soundtrack can be heard for 10 seconds then will drop out for a
moment ... continuing throughout the material.

Should also say that as far as my dv tapes that I shot with and am INPUTTING
into FCP for this project - the audio records in fine. No issues. I'm
editing right along. But outputting the multitracked audio project just
isn't happening.

I have mixed down the audio before outputting. I am using new minidv tapes.
I have cleaned the heads on the camera. I have changed firewire cables. Can
anyone think of anything that I should be doing differently. I've done this
many times now without problems but now I have this issue. Hopefully the
heads are not going bad on the camera???

Any help is appreciated,

Jerry Axley