[MacDV] Re: iDVD 3

Danny Grizzle danny at mogulhost.com
Tue Mar 18 11:43:08 PST 2003

On 3/18/03 11:06 AM, "doug lauber" <dugster77 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> If I upgrade, it will be to DVD Studio Pro.
> Why? Surround Sound!

And what is your strategy for producing a surround mix?

Ability to encode and ability to produce are two very different subjects. A
pencil a paper do not Shakespeare make. No flame intended, only recognition
that any discussion of surround sound is near off-topic in a thread focused
on iMovie, iDVD, -- or Final Cut Pro, for that matter.

I don't know that Apple's recently acquired Emagic/Logic Audio pro-level
audio tools are surround-capable. The toolset for surround sound start at
about the combined cost of Final Cut Pro + DVD Studio Pro, last I checked.
And these post-production considerations do not begin to include additional
costs of production audio, far beyond most DV producers...

Danny Grizzle