[MacDV] Re: newbie questions

Matthew Guemple mo.og at verizon.net
Thu Mar 20 18:31:13 PST 2003

I'd have to second that. Think the slide show of your neighbors summer
vaction...

  If you do a cut that highlights each performance (a little clip from
each) and maybe give a little more time - or perhaps the entire
performance for those that were outstanding, you'll have something that
people will really want to watch. Or at least not suffer through...

Besides it really is the second most important part of
movie/filmmaking. If you have a three hour rough cut, you might have a
really great 20 or 30 minute piece...

On the other-hand, if he's just making a document of the show... like a
surveillance video... output to VHS, most people probably won't bother
with three separate dvds

> I would suggest that your son learn the fine and tedious art of
> editing. Even without seeing the video I am fairly certain it can be
> edited.
>
>> Ok, my son is making a video of our local elementary school talent
>> show.
>> It is 2 hours 11 min long, we edited in iMovie 2 and exported to
>> quicktime.

Matthew Guemple
Art Director/03
mo.og at verizon.net