Avid Xpress DV on G4 400?

Derek Raby derekraby at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 21 04:45:55 PST 2003

Hi all,

Anyone using Avid DV Xpress on a lower speed G4, specifically a 400mhz
gigabyte ethernet AGP model?  I believe this is the lowest G4 you can use
but the Avid website is a bit confusing about whether it qulaifies or not.
What kind of problems could I expect?  I don't mind losing some of the real
time effects, I just want it to work like the normal Avid interface and
capture and output smoothly.

I love my FCP but Avid has dropped $650 CDN off the price of Avid Xpress DV
until the end of March and it's very tempting...

Thanks,
Derek
(g4 400, OS 10.2.3, 2nd drive is internal 7200 Maxtor 60 gig, internal
DVR-105 burner)