[MacDV] Stupid Question?

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Sat Mar 22 11:48:22 PST 2003

On Saturday, March 22, 2003, at 10:59 AM, BigScanner.com wrote:

> Newbie - sorry if this is a dumb question...
>
> I would like to take some old video tapes and convert them to DVD. The
> videos are about 90 minutes each.
>
> What (low cost) equipment and software do I need to do this
> successfully with?

You can do it with a VCR to play your tapes (assuming they're VHS) and
something to act as a digital bridge into iMovie and iDVD. If the tapes
are 8mm, you could use a Sony Digital8 camera as the digital source.
You could also skip the computer entirely and just record them with one
of the new DVD recorders that are the DVD version of VHS recorders.
They're kind of expensive though.

SR