[MacDV] Re: VCD Help and CD Creator / Toast comparison

Gerhard Kuhn suspice at hay.net
Sat Mar 22 13:13:32 PST 2003

I have a NS 415 Sony DVD player and I have made a fair number of VCDs.
I use only the cheapest CD media since they will only be played once or
twice I don't worry about the longevity of the media ( besides I don't
share the concerns many have with cheap media)  The only people ever to
complain about not being able to play them are those trying to play
them on a CD ROM equipped PC.  I use Toast to burn them and it couldn't
be easier to make them.

By the way I also have Roxio Easy CD Creator Platinum which took about
a year to work properly on my XP PC, the fault lay with Roxio finally a
18 MB "update" (that is enough code for a whole program) fixed it and
it works as good as Toast.  The one feature it has that I really like
is that you can make slide shows on CDs that will launch automatically
after inserted in a PC, so even the most computer illiterate can launch
your slide show.

Gerhard
On Saturday, March 22, 2003, at 12:00  PM, David Thrasher wrote:

> I had trouble too getting my friend's Sony DVD player to play a VCD. I
> found out that it was picky about the CD used for the recording. I've
> tried a bunch of different brands with no luck and the only one so far
> that works is a Maxell Music CD-RW. I'd be certainly curious if you or
> anyone else finds any others that will work.
>
> -Dave

Gerhard Kuhn
suspice at hay.net