[MacDV] Re: Quicktime 6.1

Eric Phillips PHILLIE at wyeth.com
Tue Mar 25 09:10:29 PST 2003

Mark,
Thanks for the info but I am running that other operating system at
work. Looks like I will need to spend some time on my dial up
connection.

Thanks,
Eric

>>> markflo at mac.com 03/24/03 02:09PM >>>
Hmmm... Actually I just checked what I downloaded and it says
"QuickTime
6.0.2v2 for 10.2"... So it looks like you HAVE to use the Software
Update
control panel to get QuickTime 6.1.  (stupid)  If you are running 10.2
at
work (with your T1), you can download the updater through Software
Update as
well:

1. Open Software Update

2. Click "Check Now"

3. Check the QuickTime 6.1 updater (uncheck any other items that may
show
up, unless you want to download those as well).

4.  Under the "Update" menu choose "Download checked items to
desktop."
This will download the ".pkg" file(s) you need to do a
pseudo-standalone
QuickTime update.

Just burn the ".pkg" files on a CD (or other medium of choice) and take
them
home -- just double-click them to update your software.

Hope that helps.

- Mark

> When I go to this site you give below, it only mentions QT 6. How can
> find if it is 6.1? I already have 6.0.2 but iMovie3 keeps bringing up
> box that says imovie3 needs 6.1
> George
> On Monday, March 24, 2003, at 11:29 AM, Mark M. Florida wrote:
>
>> If you are using Mac OS 9, I believe QuickTime 6.0.2 is the latest
>> version.
>> To download the latest standalone installer for your platform of
>> choice,
>> just go to this URL:
>>
>> http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone/
>>
>> Hope that helps.
>>
>>> Does anyone know how to download QT6.1 without using Software
Update?
>>> When I go to the apple web site and click on the QT tab, the
download
>>> on
>>> the upper right corner is for QT 6.0.2 V2. I have searched the
apple
>>> site for QT 6.1 but get nothing that leads me to a download. I am
>>> hoping
>>> this will fix my audio sync problem in iMovie3. I am trying to use
the
>>> T1 connection I have at work instead of the slow dial up I have at
>>> home
>>> to get QT6.1.
>>>
>>> Eric
>>>
>>> ----------
>>> <http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/MacDV.html>.
>>> Send a message to <MacDV-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to
the
>>> digest
>>> version.
>>>
>>> XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple
computers!
>>> Dr. Bott | Now $139.99
<http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

<http://www.macresq.com>