SLICE ME UP

Louis Cornelio cornelio at san.rr.com
Tue Mar 25 20:41:49 PST 2003

Hi all.

I have VHS I want to digitize - I was importing via a Mac 7500 to QT -
but I found that iMovie chokes on files over 2 gigs & these are 30 - 60 min.

i know there ws some discussion of Dv bridge a while back, which I didnt
pay much attaention to as I have no need of a DV camcorder at this point.
*BUT* now I wonder - If I get a 'pass through' digicam ir whetver to run
the VHS -

I want to know - does it convert to to a DV stream that iMovie will *not*
choke on because of length?

Because it *must* be possible to bring more that a 2 gig file into
iMovie, no?? But I took one of my "too big" QT files & exported as DV
stream & then tried to import to iMove - no joy 'file too big.

So - how the HECK does one get a 20 min or 40 0r 60 movie or better into
iMovie? *ONLY* by chopping it up to 2 gig slices??  If there no other was
save expensive external hardware convertors?