[MacDV] Scanning Photos

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Wed Mar 26 17:29:58 PST 2003

On Wednesday, March 26, 2003, at 07:08 PM, Aaron Kwinter wrote:

> I would like to scan some 8 x 10 photographs (both color and black and
> white) so that I can put them into an imovie film that I am making.
> Can someone recommend a high quality, reasonably priced scanner that
> will enable me to do this. Thanks

Unless you want to do some serious zoom-ins on the photos, you don't
need a high quality scanner because video isn't a high quality medium.
You can get really nice results just shooting the photo with a digital
camera under natural light. If you wanted to reproduce the photo in
print with 300-600 dpi resolution, then you'd need a good scanner. The
whole video image is only 720x480.

SR