iDVD ejects DVD tray

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Fri Mar 28 11:20:29 PST 2003

I burned my first DVD ever this week using iDVD 3, which means I've
entered a new arena for boring friends and relatives with movies and
photos of the kids. I do have a question though.

At the end of the burn, the DVD is ejected and I'm asked if I want to
burn another one. The problem is that I want to do the burn overnight
which means the drawer for the DVD drive is left hanging out for
I-don't-know-how long. I really worry about this since I do have young
children running around who are sometimes up before I am, and it just
looks too easy for that tray to be broken while its hanging out there.

So, is there a way to prevent the tray from coming out at the end of a
burn?

In the mean time, I'm preparing feedback for Apple suggesting the DVD
not be ejected unless the user pushes the button saying they want to
burn another disk. Otherwise, IMO, there's no reason for it to do so.

Thanks.

-Mike