[MacDV] EyeTV [was grab stills from video]

Jack Jacklich drjack at betterendo.com
Sun Mar 30 18:51:01 PST 2003

At 4:27 PM -0500 3/30/03, Art Amolsch wrote:
>Can you tell us more about your experience with EyeTV?
>How's the quality, the ease of use, etc.?
>Thanks.

I don't know where my brain was when I wrote that. I guess it wasn't
EyeTV that had the frame grabber. I was using SnapZPro grabbing
images WHILE using EyeTV.

I really like EyeTV though. I like the idea of having a small
inconspicuous TV in the corner with the volume turned off. When I see
something I hit Command K and the sound comes on again.

If I really like it I hit Command R.

If I'm watching something and I get interrupted I just pause it and
it starts memorizing the program then I hit pause again and pick up
where I left off.

It records and saves in MPEG 1 so there is a real problem editing it
except they have a minimal editor built in, for editing out
commercials.

It compresses one hour of video to 650 megs and it can be saved
directly as a CDROM Video to add to your collection if you are so
inclined.

It's got a tuner embedded in it that acts just like a VCR tuner.

Go to www.titantv.com and get the schedule for your cable system for
the next two weeks. Click on the programs you want to record. EyeTV
activates and records them for you.

I liked the idea of TiVo but didn't want to buy the box and go into
the other room. Now I got it right here.

And the quality is like cable TV, not digital, but it's as good as any TV set.

--

Dr. Jack Jacklich, 102 Western Court, Santa Cruz, CA  95060
Cell Phone and voice mail(831)901-0317 (831)426-1485 most of the time

Life May Have A Rear View Mirror But It Doesn't Have a Reverse Gear