[MacDV] Re: Final Cut Express Manual and Book

Jeff Carlson jeff at necoffee.com
Sun Mar 30 19:09:13 PST 2003

Apple has started putting some of its manuals online as PDFs;
however, FCE hasn't made the list yet. See
<http://www.info.apple.com/support/manuals.html#applications>.

As for books, we just wrapped up Final Cut Express: Visual QuickStart
Guide (Lisa Brenneis is the author, and I was editor), which is at
the printer and should be available in a few weeks.

<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/032119912X/>

A tipsheet that we made available at Macworld Expo is available here:

<http://beta.peachpit.com/files/FCE.tipsheet.pdf.sit>

Jeff

>Don't know about any FCE specific books. But, I can recommend
>Michael Rubin's "Beginner's Final Cut Pro". It wasn't written for
>FCE, but I would venture to guess that almost all, if not all, of
>the information is applicable, and it is such a good way to get
>started in Final Cut. From there, you can learn how to use the other
>features.

Jeff Carlson .................. http://jeffcarlson.com/blog/
Never Enough Coffee Creations...... http://www.necoffee.com/
Managing Editor, TidBITS...........  http://www.tidbits.com/
    Currently editing Final Cut Express: Visual QuickStart Guide
    and writing iMovie 3: Visual QuickStart Guide