[MacDV] Re: Final Cut Express Manual and Book

Daniel Beck danielbeck at mac.com
Sun Mar 30 19:19:27 PST 2003

On Monday, March 31, 2003, at 12:09 PM, Jeff Carlson wrote:

> Apple has started putting some of its manuals online as PDFs; however,
> FCE hasn't made the list yet. See
> <http://www.info.apple.com/support/manuals.html#applications>.
>
> As for books, we just wrapped up Final Cut Express: Visual QuickStart
> Guide (Lisa Brenneis is the author, and I was editor), which is at the
> printer and should be available in a few weeks.
>
> <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/032119912X/>

I see it's QuickStart, and not Quick Pro. Anyway, I think the QuickPro
guide to FCP is excellent as a comprehensive guide, and expect that
your new one will be the same for FCE. FC is so powerful though, which
is why I think it pays to have two or three books serving different
purposes. Which is why I like the QuickPro guide along side my copy of
Beginner's Final Cut Pro.

Daniel

Daniel Beck
danielbeck at mac.com