titles look bad

Kathleen kcruse at cox.net
Mon Mar 31 01:35:50 PST 2003

Hello, thanks for your help everyone. In case anyone is interested, I
found a way to duplicate the stripe title from the last version of
iMovie. I did this:
1. Bought Slick Volume #4 from www.geethree.com for the slick matte
feature
2. Made a photoshop document, 720 x 480 pixels in RGB
3. Made a gradient (foreground to transparent) in a rectangle, at the
location I wanted it to appear in iMovie
4. Typed in my (white) text, added a drop shadow
5. With the layer palette open, click on channels palette
6. Click on the button: create new channel
7. It will be black, get the magic wand tool, click in the black area,
and delete
8. Save as photoshop document
9. Open iMovie and select the clip you want to add the stripe title to.
If it is a long clip, cut it so it's only 10 seconds or so
10. Under effects, select slick matte-tastic, it will say to select
your "matte" so select the photoshop doc you just made
11. Use the sliders at top to make stripe title fade in and fade out
12. Hit apply
Kathleen