[MacDV] Re: Scanning Photos

Eric Phillips PHILLIE at wyeth.com
Mon Mar 31 12:17:31 PST 2003

Tim,
Do you really have an OSX version of the Epson Scan software? The best
I have been able to find from Epson is OSX Twain drivers for something
like Photoshop. I do a fair amount of OCR and I have to boot to OS9 to
use Epson's software. I bought a 2450 a year and a half ago with the
understanding that they were going to come out with an OSX version of
the software, they have been back peddling ever since. If you really
have  aversion I will start harassing Epson about when they are going to
make it available to current scanner owners.

If you are trying to use the scanner to its maximum the SilverFast SE
software is much better, more control, than the Epson software for
pictures. Have fun scanning.

Eric

>>> shirey at illustratedWORD.com 03/31/03 11:38AM >>>
I just caught the most recent message of this thread so my apologies if
this
is a repeat of anything mentioned already.

Last week I purchased the NEW "Epson Perfection 3200 Photo" scanner and
have
been thrilled with it.  The scanner has only been available in stores
as of
1-2 weeks ago (based on the Epson website release date and local store
supply dates).  It falls into the price slot held by the Epson 2450
Photo
scanner.

I was looking for a flatbed scanner that would do a good job with
transparencies/slides and this one is great!  It's 3200x6400 dpi
resolution!
I've also appreciated the fast firewire connection.  Mine came with the
new
Mac OSX version of the Epson Scan software as well as Mac OSX version
of
SilverFast SE 6.0, which I don't use. I noticed that there is the
"Pro"
version of this scanner available - the scanner seems to be the same -
only
different software ... having quickly scanned over the specs on the
Epson
website.

- Tim

<http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/MacDV.html>.
Send a message to <MacDV-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the
digest version.

 XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

   Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
   Outpost    |         http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml

MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook 3400/200 Only
$879!