Extracting from SVCD?

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Mon Mar 31 14:22:45 PST 2003

> From: "Dennis R. Cohen" <drcohen at mac.com>
>
> On 3/30/03 at 9:36 PM, Charles Martin <chasm at mac.com> transmitted the
> following electronic message:
>
>> Hi all:
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone has a method for "ripping" an SVCD. I have
>> just burned some music videos onto SVCD and now I'm wondering if I can
>> ever get them back off of there if I were to want to make a new
>> compilation at some point in the future.
>>
> VCD Copy X (free download from Version Tracker).

For some reason, neither Versiontracker.com nor Macupdate.com have this
important utility available for download anymore. Luckily, the
developer's site still works fine:

http://www.ns-software.com

_Chas_

James Lileks, on Apple's iMovie versus XP's Moviemaker:
"Was [my bro-in-law's] machine cheaper? Yes. But time is money; I've
never had to claw my way through the sodden mess of a corporate website
looking for the one driver that will let me do what I want to do. I've
never had to spend a Sunday afternoon trying to understand what iMovie
wants me to do, because it does what *I* want it to do. He said that
Moviemaker made him feel stupid, because he couldn't figure out the
simplest tasks.
I'll say this for his machine, though: if he ever wants to back up that
3.3 GB movie file on floppy disks, he's all set."