[MacDV] Toast 5.0.2

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Mon Mar 31 14:33:04 PST 2003

On Monday, March 31, 2003, at 03:28  PM, Eric Phillips wrote:

>  I thought I selected 3 since 2 was in the
> folder listed in the dialog box. The dialog box was an OS9 not an OSX
> dialog box.

Since I recently had to wipe my  main drive and reinstall, I can run
through what I did with regard to Toast and iMovie.

1) Installed iLife (which has iMovie 3).
2) Used Software Update to upgrade to the newest version of iMovie 3.
3) Installed Toast Titanium version 5.0, this was an OS X native
installer.
4) Ran the update for Toast Titanium -also OS X native (no Classic
required)
4) Opened a project in iMovie 3 and looked for the VCD export -it
wasn't there.
5) Restarted.
6) Opened the same project in iMovie 3 and looked for VCD export -it
showed up now.

Just remember, there's another step in iMovie 3. You have to select
Export, use Export to Quicktime, and select the "Expert" options and
hit the Export button. When the "Save File" dialog box pops up, Toast
VCD export will then show up as an option in a pull-down menu (sorry,
my terminology for these options may be a little off, I'm in the middle
of an export so I can't double check them). In other words, it doesn't
show up as a "top level" option like it did in iMovie 2 -you have to
select it in the Save dialog box.

-Mike