OT: Basic multi-track audio?

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat May 3 09:36:35 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I have a pal that is using Bias Deck and iMic to create and edit radio
commercials. It works for him, but some anomolies with the setup (I
haven't spent enough time with him to determine if this is a iMic or
Deck's ASIO issue) and the program's ever-increasing complexity means
that he hates working with it.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a simpler-to-use (this guy's an audio
ace but a computer "dummy") audio editing program that can handle at
least two stereo tracks (no more than 8), works well with iMic, and
preferably doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

I personally use Sound Studio, but it's limited to one stereo track so
it's no good for this.

_Chas_

"The Box said 'Windows 95 or better' ... so I got a Macintosh."