Lighting Question

David Thrasher idave at earthlink.net
Sun May 4 08:19:49 PDT 2003

I was in the middle of a big project and didn't get a chance to weigh in
on the message about the lighting question. As I recall the person
(don't remember who it was) was trying to shoot a musical performance on
a stage that was lit by spot lights or some sort of very directional
stage light and was having problems with the exposure shifting when
shiny instruments would turn and bounce light into the camera.

Here's a solution to look for: Many camcorders will allow you to lock
your exposure when you've got it where you want it or you might check to
see if it has a manual exposure option. Either way once you've set it
and locked it down it won't shift on you.

Hope that helps.

-Dave