[MacDV] $80 120Gb drive at circuit city

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Sun May 4 11:48:00 PDT 2003

How do the rest of you fare when it comes to actually getting rebates?
I just got a post card from Canon saying I would not be getting a
rebate because I didn't include the original UPC. Of course I did
include it and I have a scan of exactly what I sent as well as the hole
in my box. But so far, my batting average is far from 100% in getting
rebates.

I personally think this whole rebate thing is ripe for some
investigation into some very shoddy practices. For one thing, if you
live in an area that the Post Office does not deliver to, you have to
get a PO Box to get any mail at all. Almost all rebate forms say they
will not send a check to a PO Box. In the case of the ZR40 rebate, I
didn't even know there was a rebate and I didn't know how much it was,
so I decided to use the PO Box anyway and tell them that this is a home
address and the box number was required. I suspect that is the real
reason I got the post card and they just have a standard card that uses
"no original UPC" as the reason for everything.

At any rate, I am no longer swayed by the promise of a rebate.

Shirley