[MacDV] Digitizing cassettes

David Thrasher idave at earthlink.net
Mon May 5 17:55:09 PDT 2003

You can do it but not with ordinary cables. What you need are attenuating cables which you can buy at Radio Shack. These cables will take speaker level output - what headphone jacks put out, (which are higher level than line level by the way) and bump the signal level down to mic level so you can safely record without the fear of frying your electronics. The attenuating cables contain a resistor (I'm fairly sure) although I wouldn't know the ohms. I suppose if you did know the resistance you could make your own.

-Dave