Re Western Digital hardrive Unsupported

animal animal at cuug.ab.ca
Tue May 6 08:58:33 PDT 2003

I had a 120GB 7200 Western Digital hard drive in my G4 with 3
partitions and took it out due to constant problems.  After replacing
it with an IBM/Hitachi all is well again.

Now I have the Western Digital in an external firewire case - but my G4
(system 9.04) won't recognize it under system profiler or drive setup.
Under 9.2.2, an emac says it's unsupported for initializing under drive
setup and I should use the manufacturers software. No software came
with the Western Digital.  I checked the drive with disk first aid and
Norten Disk Doctor and both say it's badly damaged.  However, when I
checked it in 10.2.3 it says the drive is fine.

  In order to erase the three partitions it now has and turn it into one
120GB drive, is there other software I can use?

Thanks
Lynn