[MacDV] Re: Rendering question

Matthew Guemple mo.og at verizon.net
Wed May 7 11:00:54 PDT 2003

Well it's moot now... but
I had a series of letter appearing on the screen sync'd with a very
flam filled snare drum. I managed to sync on set of letters and instead
of having to do that again (it took hours) for each letter (8 in all) I
was trying to figure out how to get the program to do the work for me...
As it turns out, this was unecessary for what I really wanted in the
end result... but FYI it did work, and there seemed to be very little
degradation in the final image...

> just how will you trick into using new files?
By closing the program and hiding the files... breaking the link. Then
pointing AE to different files...
> i know you can save your effect and apply it to new
> media in Avid
It's not an effect it's the actual image file that I (was) trying to
change...

>> Is the project staying in AE? If so, why do you need
>> to render it out and
>> re-import and render out again?
In order to ensure that the new images conform to the pattern of the
old images...
>>> I trying to retro fit an old project... don't ask!
>>> What I'm trying to do is trick AE into replacing
>> one set of files for
>>> another. The easiest way I can think of to do this
>> is to remove the
>>> files it thinks it wants and point it in the
>> direction of the files I'd
>>> like it to use instead...
>>> Then render that out to a qt movie and reimport
>> it... the question is
>>> if I render it using the DV codec... and then re
>> render that using the
>>> dv codec am I going to get a double reduction?
>>>
>>> Is there an different codec I should use knowing
>> that it will at some
>>> point be re-rendered?
>>

>> ----------
>> <http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/MacDV.html>.
>> Send a message to <MacDV-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com>
>> to switch to the digest version.
>>
>>  XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between
>> multiple computers!
>> Dr. Bott | Now $139.99
>> <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>
>>
>>    Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at
>> Outpost.com!
>>    Outpost    |
>> http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml
>>
>> MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook
>> 3400/200 Only $879!
>> Norton AntiVirus 6 Only $19! We Stock PARTS!
> <http://www.macresq.com>
>

> ----------
> digest version.

> $879!

Matthew Guemple
Art Director/03
mo.og at verizon.net
646.734.6601
www.gridd.com
http://www.creativehotlist.com/
index.asp?linkTarget=fullProfile.asp&indID=19599