iMovie Camcorder Export Woes

Tom Kirshbaum tom.kirshbaum at nau.edu
Wed May 7 10:50:10 PDT 2003

> When I export to the camera it will usually go smoothly until about 10 to 15
> minutes in and then I'll start hearing the hard drive chug and I'll start
> getting garbled audio on the tape that gets progressively worse.

Try this:

Do the export first thing in the morning when you turn on your computer and
the drive is cool.  One explanation I have heard is that as the drive heats
up it moves out of spec. Not being a technician, I have no idea if this is
the reason. I know it sounds silly, but it has worked for me numerous times.

Tom