Re Western Digital hardrive Unsupported

Bill Freeman flipflapco at mchsi.com
Wed May 7 17:58:37 PDT 2003

>From: Thubten Kunga <Kunga at FutureMedia.org>
>

>I think his system is defective. He is trying to look with 9.0.4. I'd
>be willing to bet that if he simply runs his system updater
>(REPEATEDLY) until it won't run any more and then runs the latest drive
>setup, that he will see the WD 120 just fine. He's trying to initialize
>a new drive with an OLD CRAPPY SYSTEM.

Animal stated there were "constant problems" with the drive even
before he put it in the firewire case.  If it didn't work right on
his IDE bus it's not likely to start working any better in a firewire
case.  OS 8.6 supposedly had Firewire support but I had to install an
init from "Heat Utilities" to see my firewire drives while in OS 8.6.
I agree that upgrading the OS from 9.0.4 to 9.2.2 might help some,
but it can't fix a defective drive.