[MacDV] Re: Formats...

Matthew Guemple mo.og at verizon.net
Mon May 12 07:55:12 PDT 2003

Ok now I'm confused. If I make a QT with no compression and then make a
DVD with iDVD (which will apply compression) will that run well? Or am
I back to "it runs well but looks crappy"?

>> I not sure I understand the "run not as good", though. Are you saying
>> that
>> if the original DV-compressed shoot is rendered without a codec and
>> then
>> burned to a DVD, it will have problems running on a standalone player?
> Not at all. What I meant was that uncompressed video will run at least
> as jerkily from a
> DVD (Not mpeg2 or Sorensen , uncompressed)(just a storage DVD) as it
> will from your harddrive .
> Probably more jerky.
> Jim

Although the current solution to my original problem is/was to use a
different codec, which runs/looks much better.

Matthew Guemple
Art Director/03
mo.og at verizon.net
646.734.6601
www.gridd.com
http://www.creativehotlist.com/
index.asp?linkTarget=fullProfile.asp&indID=19599